Reiki is based on the principle that everything is made up of Universal Life Force Energy and illness being an imbalance in this energy. A Reiki treatment addresses the imbalances of energy by removing blockages, and channelling life force energy into the recipient’s body, mind, emotions & spirit. This being the case, the possibilities of assisting in treatment of ailments, state of mind or disruptions are endless.
One doesn’t however need to have to be ill to benefit from Reiki treatment – as it promotes the body’s natural desire for good health & assists in preventing illness. Reiki can be used simultaneously with other conventional and complimentary therapies without adverse side-effects.
Some of the Benefits of Reiki…
- Reduction in pain and nausea after allopathic treatments such as chemotherapy or surgery.
- Assists in the recovery process from surgery, illness or injury
- Lessening of arthritis pain, stiffness, and increased ease of movements.
- Improved circulation to reduce swelling from many causes (injury, surgery).
- Balancing of the organs and glands
- Assisting in lessening and relieving of symptoms of Fibromyalgia and Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and other auto immune diseases.
- Strengthened immune system, and improved capacity of your body’s natural healing ability
- Supports pregnancy and childbirth
- Anxiety, Stress, emotional blockages
- Depression – severe cases must be treated in conjunction with Psychotherapy/Counselling
- Allergy Relief / Sinus Conditions
- Helps to relieve pain
- Relieves headaches/ migraines
- Helps with insomnia
- Assists in stabilising blood pressure
- Increases vitality
- Deep relaxation – calming body, mind & emotions
- Enhanced self awareness/ peace
Reiki is for everyone: young and old…
How many Sessions/Treatments will I need?
As each individual’s energy system is unique, the number of sessions required is dependent on your personal progress.
In most cases of treatment for stress and general relaxation, effects are immediate and one feels better within one session, however, it must be taken into consideration that more severe imbalances are not created overnight and one cannot expect to rebalance the system overnight.
The practitioner is better equipped to advise on the number of sessions needed after the first consultation, and can based on this develop a treatment plan suited to your specific needs.